Cedar Education Lending is dedicated to protecting the private information that you provide to us. We believe that your privacy is very important and cannot be compromised.
We collect and maintain partner and borrower information to serve you better and administer your loan and loan programs. The information that we collect may be required for us to comply with laws and regulations that apply to participants in education loan programs. We collect the following nonpublic personal information:
- Information that we collect from you during your relationship with us, our affiliates or others (such as student loan lenders, guarantors, servicers and the U.S. Department of Education), such as your loan balance, repayment history and any other parties involved in your transaction(s), such as a creditworthy co-signer or another.
- We collect any information you enter on our website or through your use of our services or that you otherwise provide us. This information may include identifying information such as your name, address, phone number, email address. We may also collect other information from you, such as essays, scholastic information, and information regarding your education and interests, and we may also take your photograph or a video of you.
- Information that we may automatically collect and store from all website customers. This would include the name of the domain and host from which the customer accessed the Internet; the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer the customer is using to access a Cedar Education Lending website; the browser software the customer uses as well as the operating system; the date and time the customer accesses Cedar Education Lending websites; the Internet address of the site from which the customer linked directly to Cedar Education Lending websites; and information from online tools and calculators or online applications and forms.
- Information obtained by Cedar Education Lending via session cookies on its website to enhance the delivery of products, services, and information on Cedar Education Lending websites. A cookie is a small file that Cedar Education Lending transfers to customer’s computer hard drives. Cookies also enable Cedar Education Lending to ensure that only a customer’s web browser may exchange information regarding a customer’s account with Cedar Education Lending’s servers. Session cookies are temporary files that are erased when customers close all web browsers. Cedar Education Lending’s use of session cookies enables Cedar Education Lending website customers to avoid the nuisance of being asked to provide the same information repeatedly while customers move from page to page of an Cedar Education Lending website.
- Information that may be obtained by Cedar Education Lending’s use of HTML-encoding (sometimes called pixel tags or clear GIFS) to record aggregate information about Cedar Education Lending produced websites and e-mails. HTML-encoding e-mail enables Cedar Education Lending to 1) send e-mail in a format certain customers may read, 2) to know which e-mails customers access and act upon, and 3) to better target the content of future e-mails or web pages. In addition, Cedar Education Lending may track the aggregate number of e-mails read and whether any of the links in the e-mails or web pages were accessed.
The personal information that Cedar Education Lending collects is referred to in this Notice as “Personal Information.” We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect this Personal Information. We restrict access to this Personal Information to only those employees and agents who need to know it in order to provide our services to you.
Why and with whom do we share your information?
In order to access some of the services on this site, you will be required to provide your first name, last name and email address that can be obtained by completing our online registration form, which requests certain information and data (Registration Data). By registering, you agree that all information provided in the Registration Data is true and accurate and that you will maintain and update this information as required in order to keep it current, complete, and accurate. Information collected from Cedar Education Lending applicants: When submitting an application for our loans and scholarship(s), applicants opt in to receive student related offers from Cedar Education Lending and our trusted business partners. The choice is entirely optional, you may choose to opt out of our email list at any time by emailing us at: email@example.com, subject: opt out.
Cedar Education Lending works with several third parties involved in the loan process and with several service providers that perform loan program services who may have access to your information. In order to receive the financial services you or your students have requested, Cedar Education Lending must receive and disclose information about school(s) and borrower(s) to and from the parties who participate in the loan process by funding, collecting, processing, administrating, servicing or maintaining a borrower’s education loan. Each of these companies is required by law to adhere to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Please view their own privacy statements, which can be viewed by clicking on their links.
Disclosures Permitted or Required By Law.
We may disclose information when we believe it necessary to conduct our business and where disclosure is permitted or required by law. In order to administer an education loan, as needed for the purpose of offering, processing, servicing and collecting loans, we may disclose Personal Information to other parties in the student lending business, such as guarantors, lenders, loan servicers, the Department of Education, credit bureaus and schools. Additionally, in some cases we may be required to share Personal Information with law enforcement or government agencies in response to a court order, subpoena, state/federal audit or other similar circumstances.
We may be compensated for information, including personal data, that is disclosed to Third Party Partners or other third parties.
Changes to this Policy